The past week or so has been a lot of time, work and money for sure, and pictures don’t really do it justice, but it’s still good news. We now have the whole cottage re-wired,(boring to look at in a picture, but I’m going to show you anyway :), so enjoy!) This includes adding enough outlets, switches, coaxial cable, phone line and smoke detectors to bring it up to code and current style of living. The previous electrical was so outdated, that you’d be lucky to find a single outlet per room. That definitely wouldn’t work with modern electric needs.
This is the wall between the kitchen and bathroom. It’s now ready for sheetrock. We had to have the inspector come in and OK the plumbing rough in, as well as the electrical. Yea! We passed! (That’s always good news right?) We did actually re-wire the whole cottage, but that doesn’t show up on a picture like this splendid photo.
And here’s a look at the rough in for toilet, and the tub/shower installed. There’s that toilet sewer flange having a blessed 18” clearance from the edge of the tub! We did need to move that wall and doorway to make it work, but where there’s a will, there’s a way (usually).
So it cost a bit out of our budget to get the plumbing and electric completely re-done, and it certainly doesn’t have much impact on appearance in a photograph, or in real life, for that matter, because most of it will be hidden in the walls or basement, but this improvement was a vital necessity for enjoyable living in this “Little Brick Cottage”.