Interior Windows, Part 2

SimpleDecoratingTips.com interior window

This is our Master Bathroom. I’ll give many more details about this entire room in a later posting, but for now, let’s focus on this interior window we installed. In this picture you can see the one and only exterior window on the left, so to let natural light into my husband’s vanity area, and also to add character to the room, I found and had installed this leaded glass window.

SimpleDecoratingTips.com interior windowI didn’t do a thing to this window after it came from here, where I purchased it, besides cleaning it. (by the way, I have found Ebay one of the best sources for old windows) I, for sure, wanted to keep the old finish that was on the frame because to me, that is part of the confirmation of the age and previous use of this antique window.

The wall that this interior window is in was added in the bathroom during the remodeling of this room. I had the window on hand when it was time to ‘stud’ out the wall, so framing for this window was a snap.

When it came time to trim out the window, my carpenter suggested that we not put up just a single piece of trim on the right of the window, which would have been much easier, but he knew that to have that little strip of blue and tan wall between the window trim and outside corner trim would make all the difference. And boy was he right, it really sets off the window. But painting that little strip of blue and tan was really hard, I used a Q-tip, and a couple different artist’s brushes.

SimpleDecoratingTips.com interior windowThis is the view from the vanity side. Since this side isn’t as visible, we did install just a single piece of trim all the way to the corner trim, so you can see what a difference the other way makes.

It’s a super overcast day, so not a lot of light is streaming through, but you still can see how beautiful the textured glass is. You can also see that this side of the window, previously on the inside of the house it was installed in, is painted a different color that of the other side, and even has half the latch still attached, I love that kind of verification showing this is a piece with a previous life.

Want to read more? Click here to see more and different interior window I’ve done.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please feel free to follow and share this blog with your friends, as well as on Facebook, Pinterest, Flipboard, Bloglovin, YouTube and now Instagram!  I appreciate you reading along.

Yay! This post was featured at: Northern Cottage, HomeStories A to Z, Embellishing LifePolish the StarsMrs. Hines ClassAt the Picket Fencemicheleravendesigns, its so very cheri, Prodigal Pieces, Remodelaholic

Comments

1. Karen says

Please show the rest of the bathroom. It is just adorable!! You are very clever and I love the beadboard in blue (of course, that window is amazing!).

2. Linda @ it all started with paint says

You are all over the web! Seriously, I cannot swing a proverbial dead cat in blogland without landing on this! I even pinned it myself. So there.

And now a question. While everyone else is “oooing” and aahhhing” over that beautiful window, I find myself fixated on the painted bead board. That’s what I pinned because I’m thinking of doing something similar in my master. So now I must ask you what color blue that is?

Because, you see, after 4 long years I’ve committed to painting the vaulted ceiling in my master as part of the “Imagine the Impossibilities” challenge and link party that I’ve just launched with 5 other very talented bloggers … I’m giving you the link in case you want to play along …

And, my new blog friend, thank you in advance for your help with that paint color …

xo
    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

3. Chatty Chics says

Girl….this is so incredible! I adore those windows! So pretty! Thank you for sharing with my group! And I saw that Beth featured you on Home Stories! Whoo-hoo! That’s awesome!
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com
    PS Come back again tomorrow and link up again if you can! 🙂

4. Deb says

I love this bathroom, the wood ceiling, the bead board/wood walls and the blue. I am planning to update my bathroom this summer, and this is going to be my inspiration.

5. Jen says

Love it ! I’ve thought of doing something similar when we remodel our master bath. LOVE that you got it on ebay too. Haven’t thought to check there for old windows!

Jen
    athomeinthenorthwestblog.com (I’m fairly new to blogging too! Found you on home stories a to z!)

6. Linda @ it all started with paint says

Love the painted beadboard! I think it’s just the thing that I need in my master bedroom & bath area. Stopping by from A to Z. Oh, and I pinned you and will “like” on FB. I don’t see the option to “follow” … but maybe that’s just a blogger option?

Linda

7. Michele @ {Primp} says

wow, this is gorgeous! I love the beadboard & tub, and that window adds so much charm! If you have time I would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on now.

micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com

8. Cathy@My1929Charmer says

Love the addition of the old windows, they add instant charm. Your bathroom looks amazing with it. From what I can see your home is beautiful. thanks so much for sharing at Sunday’s Best, it’s great to see your inspiration. Now following you on Facebook!!

9. Hi, I'm Suz says

I love this idea! I love old windows and this is a wonderful way to reuse and recycle!! I’m marking this as a favorite and I’m pinning it! Great Job!!

Hugs ~~ Suz
    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

10. Abbe says

That is a gorgeous window! And such a creative way to bring in more light. I just found your blog through sonrisadejoy.com, and I love the whole concept of your blog because I agree that good design and good taste have very little to do with spending lots of money. I will definitely be looking at your site for ideas for my 1925 Craftsman bungalow!